|Reaching Osmena’s Peak, Cebu, Philippines|
Best Time to go to this trip?
- January to 1st week of March is a bit cold.
- 2nd week of March to May is a warm due to its hottest season.
- June to August is expected to have rain showers and/or thunderstorm. Less chance to enjoy the travel.
- September to December is still having rain showers but has more chance to have sunshine than than the previous months.
How to get to Osmeña Peak?
- If you are in Cebu City, go to Cebu South Bus Terminal. Just take a cab if you are from Manila or not a native of Cebu.
- We started traveling at 12:20am on a Saturday midnight. This is a good time to start travelling as traffic jam is no longer experienced and you still have the energy to wait for the bus and sleep in the bus while riding. We arrived at the terminal at 12:30 am.
- Expect that there will be a queue of people going to the south of Cebu especially during the holidays and weekends.
- Take the bus going to Dalaguete and Alcoy. The bus that I, together with my friend, rode was Ceres Liner. Then, we waited for the bus and rode it at around 1am. P105 was the fare for air-conditioned bus.
- Note: You will feel sleepy. So, advise the bus conductor (bus driver’s assistant) that you will alight in 7 11 convenient store at the corner of Dalaguete-Mantalongon Badian Rd which is the area where you can ride a habal-habal (motorcycle) going to the start point of Osmeña Peak.
- At 3:27am, we arrived in 7 11 store where we were awakened by the bus conductor telling us that it was the drop-off place. We just ate a hot instant noodles and waited for the time to be 4:30am.
After that, we rode the habal-habal which we paid P100/head going to the start point of Osmeña Peak. A 30-minute ride looking at the mountains while inhaling the fresh cold air. That was priceless.
- The habal-habal driver will wait for you after you descended from the mountain to get you back to the town proper. You need to pay an additional P100/head to return.
|Signboard indicating where to go at Cebu South Bus Terminal|
|the intersection in Dalaguete. to the right is going to Osmeña Peak|
What will you expect in Osmeña Peak?
|Osmena Peak Cebu registration area|
|the registration booth with toilets|
|capturing the sunrise|
|reaching the top with my friend|
Try scuba diving after climbing in Mactan, Cebu as the starting time to be picked up by Rock Dive shop is at 9am.
|Antig Tingko Beach’s Rates and Charges in Alcoy, Cebu, Philippines|
|Alcoy Beach in Cebu, Philippines|
How to get to Alcoy Beach?
- Ride the bus with Dalaguete and Alcoy signboard at Cebu South Bus Terminal.
- Tell the driver that you are going to alight in Alcoy.
- It takes 1 hour if traveling at midnight while 2-3 hours on a regular day.
- Ride the motorcycle or habal-habal in going back to the Dalaguete main road.
- From 7 11 of Dalaguete-Mantalongon Badian Rd, ride a tricycle and tell the driver to head to Alcoy beach.
- Just pay P20 and ask the tricycle driver the different beach resorts that you can choose from along the road.
Where to eat?
Summary of Expenses
In summary, the experience of climbing the highest point in Cebu before the sunrise was magnificent! And it was also a feeling of “I want to explore more of the places near here” made us discover the jewel of Dalaguete and Alcoy in a day.
You can also check my other links about Cebu:
- Travel to Bacolod from Cebu by bus and ferry.
- Catch the sunrise or sunset at Osmena Peak in Dalaguete, Cebu
- Experience scuba diving in Mactan Island
- See Cebu City’s best places
and other nearby islands:
- Tour around Mambukal Resort in Negros Occidental near Bacolod
- Learn the art and history of Silay City in Negros Occidental
- Get yourself a Philippine passport in Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in Bacolod
- Travel to Guimaras from Cebu, Bacolod or Iloilo by bus, ferry and boat
- Island hop and tour to Guimaras Island
- Discover Kalanggaman Island
- Stay in Bacolod’s hotels that are near to DFA -Bacolod in Robinsons Mall
and in Manila/ Luzon:
- Ride the bus from NAIA terminal 3 in Manila going to Alabang
- Get birth, marriage and/or birth certificate and also CENOMAR via online
- Travel to the Science City of Munoz in Nueva Ecija
- Stay in Lucena City in Quezon Province
If you want to see my international trip, check this link:
Share this post if it helps!
Thank you for reading!
READY yourself, SET yourself to any possibilities, GO to places that you want to go and SHARE your experiences.