|Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte, Philippines|
How to get to Kalanggaman Island
- Buy a ticket in the pier area near Fort San Pedro in Cebu City. My roommate and I took a fast ship, Weesam. It was P475 for a tourist class seat since we did advance booking during that peak season, the election time. Read what pier number you will go to. Weesam terminal is at Pier 4.
- At Pier 4, pay for the terminal fee which it was P25 for adults.
- Ride the ship for 2 hours.
- Go to the bus and van terminal once you get to Ormoc port.
- Ride a van to Palompon. P110 was the fare. Travel for 1-2 hours.
- Alight to the town center of Palompon.
- Then go to the Information/Tourism Office for registering and paying for rental boat to go to Kalanggaman Island.
Weesam Express Schedule from Cebu to Ormoc and vice-versa
|Ormoc to Cebu Pier 4 Weesam Express Schedule||DEPARTS: 8:00 AM, 1:30 PM, (7:00 PM ONLY Fri., Sat. & Sunday)|
|Cebu Pier 4 to Ormoc Weesam Express Schedule||DEPARTS: (5:20 AM Sat.,Sun. & Monday Only), 10:45 AM, 4:20 AM|
Weesam Express Rates Cebu – Ormoc (vise versa) (as of June 26, 2017)
( Fast ferry price to get to Kalanggaman Island via Cebu to Ormoc )
ONE WAY——-Economy—– Economy(Aircon) —– First Class
Regular———–P550.00——– P650.00 ————- P700.00
Student———–P550.00——– P550.00 ————- P600.00
Minor(4-11)—–P350.00——–P350.00 ————- P400.00
Return trip promo for only P450 one way
Need to surrender the old ticket
Terminal Fee: P25.00
Kalanggaman Rates and Boat Rental Fees
|Kalanggaman boat rental fees and cottage fees. visit their website at http://www.kalanggaman-island.com/p/rates-and-entrance-fees.html|
Best time to go there
Best thing to do there
What to see
1. The sandbar
2. Crystal clear water and the emerald green color of the sea
3. Fine white sand
4. No restaurants
5. rocks and coconut trees
6. in the early morning, you might see the dolphins
What to bring
1. food (packed or for charcoal grilling) as I mentioned there are no restaurants. Go to Palompon market first to buy food.
2. plastic to throw your garbage
3. drinking water
4. water for cleaning your body or your utensils and plates as the water there is with sand.
5. flashlights (if you plan to stay overnight though there is a solar-powered lampposts.
6. sun block
8. banig or mats and/or chairs
9. tent – for overnight stay or to change clothes
|the town center of Palompon, Leyte|
|the port in going to Kalanggaman or to Cebu behind the Information and Tourist Office of Palompon, Leyte|
|the Kalanggaman ad in Palompon, Leyte|
|early morning at the port in going to Kalanggaman. you can see early batch of passengers|
|the do’s and don’ts lecture in Kalanggaman done in the boat heading to it|
|My roommate and I were with another group of travellers so we could save the boat rental fee|
|weee! we arrived at Kalanggaman Island!|
|our packed lunch, dinner and breakfast|
|the long sand bar|
|look at the sea water, so clear!|
|I was using an underwater compact camera to test the clear water of Kalanggaman|
Going back to Cebu via Palompon
Cokaliong Shipping Lines Schedule from their website
Cokaliong Shipping Lines Schedule from their website (sample) as of June 26, 2017
Ship schedule in going to Palompon, Leyte in going to Kalanggaman Island
Cokaliong Shipping Lines Rates from the Internet
Cokaliong Shipping Lines rates from their website (sample) as of June 26, 2017
Summary of Fare Expenses
Other places to visit in Palompon, Leyte
It is just opposite side of the Information and Tourist Office of Palompon. Around 10-minute boat ride from the office.
Great that you READY yourself by reading some information from posts like mine, you need to SET yourself to see more marvels of the Earth, you need to GO and explore it and SHARE your experiences.
Thanks for reading READYSETGOandSHARE post!
Ready, set, go and share! other posts:
If you want to go in Bacolod?
1. Visit Silay City for culture, arts and history fascination
2. Climb the 7 waterfalls in Mambukal Resort
3. Process your renewal of passport in DFA – Bacolod in Robinsons Mall
4. Stay in Bacolod’s hotels that are near to DFA -Bacolod in Robinsons Mall
If you still have time to go to Guimaras Island and explore this place, check these links.
If you want to explore Cebu, check these links:
3. Catch the sunrise or sunset at Osmena Peak in Dalaguete, Cebu
4. Experience scuba diving in Mactan Island
5. Travelling from Cebu to Bacolod
If you can travel to Leyte:
If you want to know about Manila, Luzon in the Philippines:
- Ride the bus from NAIA terminal 3 in Manila going to Alabang
- Get birth, marriage and/or birth certificate and also CENOMAR via online
- Travel to the Science City of Munoz in Nueva Ecija
- Stay in Lucena City in Quezon Province
- Drive around Nasugbu, Calatagan, Caluruega and Tagaytay in Batangas
- Have a guide on how to get to Makati from Pacita, San Pedro and vice versa.