|in Guimaras Capitol|
|Guimaras five regions – Buenavista, Jordan, San Lorenzo, Sibunag and Nueva Valencia.|
How to get to Guimaras?
- From Cebu to Bacolod,
- Bacolod to Guimaras via Pulupandan to San Lorenzo,
- Guimaras to Iloilo via Jordan to Ortiz, and
- lastly, Iloilo to Bacolod via Dumangas Port to Bacolod Port
Best time to travel
November to May are the best months to visit the island. These months are not that rainy especially summer season of the Philippines, March to May. June to October usually have thunderstorms and rain shower which will just spoil your trip.
Ride a tricycle as you alight off the boat from Pulupandan to San Lorenzo, Guimaras, so it will be your private vehicle to different destinations such as:
- the windmills
- the town hall of San Lorenzo where you can see more of the view (P10/head entrance fee)
- instruct the driver to stop over to eat Mango Pizza in Pitstop Restaurant
|The boat docked at San Lorenzo Wharf , Guimaras coming from Pulupandan, Negros Occidental|
|Jeepney, Tricycle and Motorcycle (habal-habal) terminal at San Lorenzo Wharf in Guimaras|
|Can you spot the windmills behind me?|
|San Lorenzo Town Hall, Guimaras|
|The tricycle of Guimaras painted with their pride tourist spots and mangoes|
|Mango Pizza and Mango shake at Pitstop Restaurant in Guimaras|
Raymen Beach Resort
We chose the resort as they are providing island hopping tour package but there are other resorts that offer a different set of islands. When we booked using travel apps like agoda.com, we got a discounted price at 1,350 php a night.
- Swim in the sea
- Have your breakfast booked the day before in their restaurant as that is their rule
- If you have brought food, you can grill and eat beside the beach with friends.
|Raymen Beach Resort in Nueva Valencia Guimaras|
Island Hopping Tours
|1. Fairy Castle||Sightseeing|
|2. Baras Cave||No Entrance|
|3. Ave Maria Island||No Entrance|
|4. Sea Turtle Sanctuary||5 php/ head|
|5. Baras Beach Resort||25 php/ head|
|6. Nagtago Beach Resort||50 php/head|
|7. Solly Luna||Sightseeing|
|8. Lamurawan Beach Resort||donation|
|9. Isla Naburot||Sightseeing|
|10. SEAFDEC||30 php /head|
|1 boat (good for 16-20 passengers)||1000 php 1st hour and additional 300 php for succeeding hour|
|1 boat (good for 11-15 passengers)||700 php 1st hour and additional 200 for succeeding hour|
|1 boat (good for 1-10 passengers)||500 php 1st hour and additional 150 for succeeding hour|
Number of hours spent
- Learn from the staff the different marine species that the department is taking care of.
- Feed the fishes
- Support the SEAFDEC by buying souvenirs or being part of their advocacy
Allotment time: 30 minutes
|Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC)|
Ave Maria Island
This island is beautiful but a bit crowded when a lot of tourists came together at the same time.
- Have a picture taken to the sandbar and the island itself
- Snorkel to see some fish
Allotment time: 30 minutes
|Ave Maria Island|
Lamurawan Beach Resort
- Have your picture taken to the numerous island viewed when you get there
Allotment time: 10-15 minutes
|Lamurawan Beach Resort – one of the islands to see in Guimaras|
|Lamurawan Beach Resort which is abandoned but considered a part of the island hopping tour in Guimaras|
|Overlooking the islets from Lamurawan Beach Resort Island|
Nagtago Beach Resort
This beach resort was for me the best island among the rest. The scenery was gorgeous and the feeling was totally relaxing especially when you rest in the hammock and in the beach rest house’s chair looking at the sea.
- go to the pathway island to see a great view
- in the pathway turn left to go to the rest house (which you can also rent but it is expensive)
- down the pathway island, play and swim in the sandbar
- back to Nagtago Beach dock, go up to the stairs and see the mini-chapel
- go down and rest in the hammocks
- buy and drink freshly picked buko/coconut juice.
Allotment time: 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes
|Nagtago Beach – one of the islands to see in the island hopping tour in Guimaras|
|Nagtago Beach Rental House in an islet and the sandbar|
|Nagtago Beach’s Sand bar|
|the view from the Nagtago Beach rental house in an islet|
|Nagtago Beach’s Main Rental House|
|The hammock, the sea breeze and the view – what a great feeling!|
|the little chapel on top of this island|
Guimaras National Crop Research, Development and Production Support Center ( a.k.a Mango Research Center)
- you can walk around or better yet let the tricycle driver drive you around the center, just register your name before you enter at the entrance gate which the guard will let you do it.
|The Guimaras National Crop Research, Development and Production Support Center|
Our Lady of the Philippines Trappist Monastery
It has a church, souvenir shop, a retreat house and a monastery.
- Pay visit to the church and pray
- If you are lucky, a monk is giving a short blessing and prayer to visitors just across the church.
- Buy some souvenirs to help the people and have yourself some gifts to your friends.
Allotment time: 10 – 15minutes
|the chapel in the Our Lady of the Philippines Trappist Monastery in Guimaras|
Back to Nueva Valencia
- Unwind after a long trip by watching the waves of the sea and breathe the sea air
- Take a photo with the oldest lighthouse
- If you are brave enough, you can try to climb up the lighthouse but it is very fragile-looking as it is so rusty.
|Guisi Lighthouse Ruins|
|the view from the Guisi Lighthouse ruins|
|Guisi Lighthouse Ruins|
|another lighthouse from the Guisi Lighthouse Ruins|
Here’s what we did:
Guimaras Itinerary for 3 days and 2 nights
|destination||time||vehicle mode||fare||entrance fee|
|Bacolod City to Pulupandan, Negros Occidental||9am – 9:30am||taxi||500||php|
|Pulupandan to San Lorenzo||12pm – 1pm||pump boat||90|
|San Lorenzo port to San Lorenzo town hall||1pm-1:30pm||tricycle||500||10|
|San Lorenzo town hall to Pitstop Restaurant||2pm – 2:30pm|
|Pitstop Restaurant to Capitol||2:57pm-3:01pm|
|Capitol to Raymen Beach Resort||3:05pm – 4pm|
|Island Hopping Tour||7am – 11am||pump boat||950||php||80|
|Land tour Raymen to Pitstop Restaurant||1pm- 1:30pm||tricycle||700|
|Pitstop to Mango Research Center||2:15pm – 2:40pm|
|Research Center to Trappist Monastery||2:50pm – 2:55pm|
|Monastery to Mango Farm (along the road)||3:10pm – 3:14m|
|Mango Farm to Guisi Lighthouse Ruins||3:19pm -3:50pm|
|Guisi Lighthouse to Raymen Beach Resort||4:15pm – 5pm|
|Raymen Beach Resort to Jordan Wharf||6am-7am||tricycle||400||php|
|Jordan Wharf (Guimaras) to Iloilo (Ortiz Wharf)||7am – 7:15am||pump boat||60|
- We haven’t tried to use the public transportation such as the jeepney as we were in a limited time and we would want to visit many places in a day.
- There is no taxi. Tricycle is the taxi. So negotiate the price to the driver.
- Because tricycle is a bit pricey, it is better to travel here in a group of 4 to divide the expenses.
In summary, as a couple, we have enjoyed our short stay in Guimaras. It is still a rural place but I personally liked it because I like the simplicity of an island without being so urbanized. It was indeed away from the metropolitan.
Ready, set, go and share! other posts:
If you want to go in Bacolod?
1. Visit Silay City for culture, arts and history fascination
2. Climb the 7 waterfalls in Mambukal Resort
3. Process your renewal of passport in DFA – Bacolod in Robinsons Mall
4. Stay in Bacolod’s hotels that are near to DFA -Bacolod in Robinsons Mall
If you still have time to go to Guimaras Island and explore this place, check these links.
If you want to explore Cebu, check these links:2. Tour around the city of Cebu
3. Catch the sunrise or sunset at Osmena Peak in Dalaguete, Cebu
4. Experience scuba diving in Mactan Island
5. Travelling from Cebu to Bacolod
If you can travel to Leyte:
If you want to know about Manila, Luzon in the Philippines:
- Ride the bus from NAIA terminal 3 in Manila going to Alabang
- Get birth, marriage and/or birth certificate and also CENOMAR via online
- Travel to the Science City of Munoz in Nueva Ecija
- Stay in Lucena City in Quezon Province
- Drive around Nasugbu, Calatagan, Caluruega and Tagaytay in Batangas
- Have a guide on how to get to Makati from Pacita, San Pedro and vice versa.
If you want to see my international trip, check this link: